Scholarship for studying abroad

RWTH Aachen - UROP Abroad

General information on this scholarship

RWTH Aachen
UROP Abroad
Contact Person: 
Torsten Blut

General Description

The UROP Abroad program enables eligible bachelor students of the RWTH Aachen to participate in research projects at selected research institutions and partner institutions in the United States or Canada. This allows users to obtain an early insight into the practice of international research students. The research project should have a minimum length of 2 months. For this research stays, scholarships of to 750 € per month will be granted. 80% of the scholarship is paid in advance, the remaining 20% can be obtained only after submission of a project report and participation in a colloquium.


This program is aimed at all undergraduate students of the RWTH Aachen from the second year on until the bachelor's degree. In order to apply for a research project, a grade point average of at least 3.0 must be present. In this category there are no requirements.

Application deadlines

The following deadlines apply: