Can a math nerd compete in poetry slams and be an accomplished graffiti artist? Of course! Nothing is more boring than following a linear path throughout your life. First and foremost it is the out-of the-ordinary which makes your personality unique. We are searching for students who inspire their surroundings with their exceptional personality either on or off campus.
- You took a break from studying to take forward your career as the singer of a heavy metal band?
- You’re financing your classical music studies with your job as a techno DJ?
- You’re the head of a Marxist reading circle and you study business administration?
- Your 3 years stay in Goa inspired you to study maths?
- You rode through Africa on a bicycle?
We are looking for people from Italy who don’t fit any stereotypes and experienced or achieved outstanding things. If you think that you are the person we're referring to, let us know and apply now for the Be different! Scholarship.
The Be different! Scholarship contains a language course at the Eurocentres language school in San Diego in the USA. The language course is worth 4,000 €. The school is close to the harbour of San Diego in the vibrant Gaslamp quarter.
The scholarship comprises:
- Four week language course (20 hours per week)
- Housing with a host family including lodging
- 500 € Pocket money
- Transport from and to the airport
- Foreign insurance
- The costs of the flight (roundtrip)
The voucher for the scholarship is valid until the 30th of April 2017. You can plan and schedule the trip to San Diego and the language course individually.
Students from all fields of study and semesters can apply.
HOW TO APPLY
- Application form: Fill out the application form with basic information about yourself.
- Video or text: Create a short video that introduces your personality and shows what distinguishes you from all the others and makes you unique OR write a short text about it.
- Upload your video to any common video-sharing website (e.g. YouTube or Vimeo) and include the link to the video on the application form. The name of the video must contain the word “Eurocentres”. The link must be directly copyable.
- Send your signed application to personality-italy ( AT ) european-funding-guide.eu
- The application is accepted in English only. Applications in other languages won't be considered. Your knowledge of English doesn't affect your chances of success.
- The attachment should not exceed 2 MB.
THE VIDEO / TEXT
You can make a video OR write a text. The video or text should help us to get to know your personality and to understand why you are different. Your English language skills won't affect the probability of getting the scholarship. Your video should not exceed 1 minute. The most important point about the video is that you are natural and authentic. Professional editing is not necessary. Show us why you’re unique. If you write a text make sure that your text isn’t longer than 1,000 characters including the spaces.
- You can apply online until the 31st of March 2016.
- Our jury picks five finalists until the 15th of April 2016.
- The winner is chosen in a public voting. This voting will take place online from the 16th of April until the 30th of April 2016.