Grant / loan for studying at your home university

UK Government - Special support grant (non repayable)

General information on this grant / loan

UK Government
Special support grant (non repayable)

General Description

Students can get anywhere from £50 to £3387 annually in Special Support Grant. It is funded by the UK Government in conjunction with the University of West England. This grant is particularly for those from a single parent family or students with a disability. You need not worry about a reduction in any other entitlement benefit you may apply for.


You must fill out and submit your PN1 application if you are new to higher learning education. If you are already a student who is continuing education you must fill out the PR1 application form. For ether application form, you must indicate that you are eligible for the means-tested benefit.

Application deadlines

The following deadlines apply: