Grant / loan for studying at your home university

UK Government - Professional and Career Development Loans (PCDL)

General information on this grant / loan

UK Government
Professional and Career Development Loans (PCDL)

General Description

Graduate students at the University of Oxford have the option of applying for student loans. The type of loan the student can apply for depends on their country of residence. UK and EU students can get a Professional and Career Development Loan. These are available for up to two years. The loan can range from £300 up to £10,000. They are provided by Barclays Bank and the Co-operative Bank. The UK's Learning and Skills Council covers the interest on the loans for the two years that the student is studying.

Canadian students can get loans from the Canada Student Loans Program or from programmes run by one of Canada's provinces or territories. Indian students can get loans through the Credila Indian Student Loan Program.


The requirements for each loan vary depending on the awarding organisation. It usually includes residency requirements and the completion of relevant university forms.

Application deadlines

Applications can be submitted at any time.